Re: OmniORB 2.7.0 *MUST* be moved into stable

Ben> Adam Di Carlo told me to mention this to the testing group:
Ben> OmniORB 2.5.0-5, as shipped with slink, has a very visible bug in
Ben> that it ships its libraries as either copies or hardlinks (I
Ben> forget which) instead of symlinks, as they should be.

Ben> As a result, ldconfig whines every time it's run, making a very
Ben> visible and nasty-looking Debian install. This is fixed in 2.7.0
Ben> (see http://www.debian.org/Bugs/db/32/32411.html) but it is not
Ben> in stable nor in proposed-updates.

Ben> Please have 2.7.0 moved into proposed-updates.

Wouldn't it be better, and more "frozen", to just do a 2.5.0-0.6 with
the bug fix? It doesn't seem to me that 2.7.0 in slink is really
called for.

I'm CC'ing the omniorb maintainer for thier thoughts.

I've added this info to
<URL:http://www.debian.org/~aph/slink-bugs.html>.