Re: Keysigning in Zürich?

Hi Jonathan,

Jonathan Cross wrote:
> I would like to met with debian devs and exchange OpenPGP key
> signatures so that I can find a trust path to verify code / releases
> and generally help expand the WOT.
>
> Ideally I'd like a few with well connected keys such as Didier
> Raboud (odyx@).

While I can't speak for Didier, I think it's fair to say that it's
rather seldom that people from western Switzerland show up at the
Zurich meetup. I'd say the Zurich meetup's catchment area ranges from
Bern to St. Gallen and from Schaffhausen/Kreuzlingen/Constance to
maybe Lucerne.

There is a sporadic Debian meetup in the Lac Leman area (usuallt
organized by Didier), but it has no regular interval.

> I see there is a meetup on December 4th, would that be an
> appropriate place to get to know people and verify key fingerprints?

Definitely appropriate. I will be at least there.

But there's an even better chance even closer: There is a Debian Bug
Squashing Party (BSP) in Bern this weekend with quite some DDs
(definitely more than at the Zurich meetup), also from other countries:

https://wiki.debian.org/BSP/2018/12/ch/Bern

So if Bern is close enough to Zurich for you, I recommend going to the
BSP. (I won't be at the BSP in Bern though, due to multiple
appointment conflicts. But you're very welcome to show up at the
Zurich meetup in a week, too. :-)

		Regards, Axel
--
 ,''`.  |  Axel Beckert <abe@debian.org>, https://people.debian.org/~abe/
: :' :  |  Debian Developer, ftp.ch.debian.org Admin