Re: G.fast modems suitable for bridge mode in Switzerland

On 03/09/18 11:43, Daniel Pocock wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Does anybody know about the modems and routers for the 500 mbit FTTC
> services?
>
> In particular, has Swisscom published any list of supported devices?
>
> Has anybody verified if any of them can be easily put into bridge mode
> to have the connection managed from a Debian or OpenWRT based router?

Some partial information I found, none of these appears in any online
shop though:

Some Swisscom customers have apparently been given an SFP, it may be the
device below and maybe this would work in a Turris Omnia or cheap media
converter like the TP-link MC220L.

Metanoia MT-G5321 SFP
https://www.thefastmode.com/technology-solutions/10784-swisscom-starts-deployment-of-g-fast-sfp-solution-over-existing-copper-network

Various web sites mention these devices:

Huawei MT992
http://e.huawei.com/en/products/fixed-network/access/ft/mt992

Zyxel XMG5101-S10A
https://www.zyxel.com/products_services/G-fast-Bridge-Modem-with-1-port-GbE-Coaxial-XMG5101-S10A/overview

It is not clear if every device is backwards compatible, e.g. for
somebody on VDSL right now who wants to buy a device that will work with
VDSL now and automatically work on G.fast when the circuit is upgraded.

I also asked my ISP (Init7) but haven't had any feedback yet.

Regards,

Daniel