List moderation problems?

Hi all,

I wanted to reject a spam message being held for moderation, so I went
to the admin site, entered the password, and then (seeing there were
more messages being held), I marked "forward message to " + my email
address (to check the messages without having to base64-decode them) and
left them all in defer.

But now, the emails weren't forwarded to me, and they are also no longer
visible in the pending tasks. It seemed they just disappeared? They were
just spam, based on the browser tabs I still have open, but I don't know
what actually happened (I left them all in "Defer").

iustin