Re: Debian Bug Squashing Party

Hi Marc,

Le jeudi, 21 juin 2012 14.30:47, Marc SCHAEFER a écrit :
> I would like to organize a Debian Bug Squashing Party in Neuchâtel
> in september or october 2012.

Cool !

> I have: place, computers, Internet connection, possibly CS students.

About place, I just throw the idea to the crowd: what about trying to have
that be held end at the planned DebConf13 venue, in Le Camp? This would allow
the DebConf13 team to get many open questions answered. But this is really an
open question; having a successful BSP is very important and this idea might
conflict with the BSP goals.

> I need: Swiss Debian Developper(s) willing to help me organizing, and
>         especially animating the event.

Too bad I'm quite short on time. I would definitely be there and can help in
logistics and communication beforehand.

> Language: French, possibly English

As Gaudenz mentionned, German is quite important too. But really, all Debian
communication happens in (written) english so that's the only minimum language
requirement I would put.

> It could be done an evening (4h) or saturday (4-6h).

Same as Gaudenz, from my limited experience, 4h is roughly what you (or at
least I) need to get up to speed to squashing bugs. And some individual bugs
need more than that time. A complete week-end is a good timeframe. Start with
a welcome dinner and presentations on friday evening and then have everyone
ready for the week-end. (Again, just ideas, heh.)

> I can host and feed 1-2 Debian Developper(s).

Of course, this becomes an issue if all BSPers should spend a week-end away
from their homes. The "scout chalet" we had last year was quite a good
solution though.

> Please contact me directly if you are interested, or know someone
> that could be.

o/

Cheers,

OdyX