Re: [Debconf13-localteam] DC13.ch - Next meeting Mon 18. June 2012 19:15 - Adriano's, Bern

Hi there!

On Fri, 15 Jun 2012 09:44:01 +0200, Didier Raboud wrote:
> as annonced previously, our next team meeting is approching. As you may have
> heard on IRC we got an invitation from /ch/open [0] to present our project at
> their board meeting. They are also willing to consult us on the open legal and
> financial issues. Unfortunately the /ch/open board meeting is in Zurich next
> Monday at 18:00, conflicting with our meeting.
>
>  [0] http://ch-open.ch
>
> We propose to solve this in the following way: A delegation of our team
> consisting of Philipp and others interested (cate, gismo?) will attend the
> first part of the /ch/open meeting and come to Bern afterwards.

I can attend if needed, but given the topic (Swiss law) and the fact
that I do not speak German I do not think I am the best candidate.

> For all the others, we will meet in Bern at 19:15 and first work on the
> sponsoring issues (collecting potential contacts, cover letter and brochure
> text, ...). The real meeting is scheduled for 20:15. If you want to attend the
> /ch/open meeting please get in contact with Philipp to coordinate.

I disagree with this decision, simply because if I am a the /ch/open
meeting, as I am also member of the Finanes team and thus in charge of
some sponsorship stuff, I will not be available for the first part of
the DC13 meeting.  Moreover, I am the one who should collect potential
contacts and translate the brochure...

Why was the option to have our meeting in Zürich abandoned?  There was
no discussion on IRC about that after 20120614T19:00+0200, so I do not
see the reason of that, especially after the "farthest" people were
contacted and confirmed (Raphaël and myself) or denied (Michael and
Michele) their availability for Zürich.

As I stressed on IRC, if we want to take this opportunity to talk with
the /ch/open people, then we should focus our resources on answering all
our association-related questions.  If this means postponing other
points in the agenda (e.g. the logo, the decision about which was
planned for the same meeting), I would not hesitate at all.

Thx, bye,
Gismo / Luca