[Debconf13-ch] Outsourcing productions of T-Shirts & Co. (was: [Debconf-team] Bag costs)

Hi there!

NB, this is my opinion only and not the one of the Swiss team.

On Mon, 23 Jan 2012 22:57:16 +0100, Gunnar Wolf wrote:
> Oh, and for both bids: I'm not personally in that business anymore,
> but remember it's repeatedly been cheaper to print shirts in Mexico
> and ship them to Europe than to print them in Europe.   (just sayin')

While I fully agree, I think that this is something to be considered
*after* a bid has been chosen.  IMHO the rough budget should include all
the costs for a full in-place setup, for a very simple reason: if things
go wrong, you can always count on local entities.

This how you should read the rough budget in the Swiss bid: prices there
are the *maximum* amount we should pay.  For example: for travel
sponsorship, I am quite sure that there will not be 150 persons landing
in GVA and then taking the train to the venue.  And the same for people
landing in ZRH, Europeans will probably come directly by train, if not
for the beautiful landscapes ;-)

And please also consider that no prices have been negotiated yet, which
means that for example food and accommodation should be cheaper (not by
orders of magnitude, but still cheaper).

Thx, bye,
Gismo / Luca