Re: Cheese & Wine Party at DebConf 11: Swiss participation

Hi,

Luca Capello wrote:
> On Tue, 05 Jul 2011 20:27:31 +0200, Axel Beckert wrote:
> > Didier and Luca already mentioned months ago that they plan to bring
> > Swiss cheese (not sure about wine) for the Cheese & Wine part at
> > DebConf 11[1].
>
> No cheese with me, for two reasons: I will travel by motorbike

Well, I could help with that. ;-)

> and I do not really like cheese

Ah, ok. Same counts for me with regards to wine. :-)

> (except basic ones and obviously fondue/raclette/tartiflette).

Hehe.

> Anyway, I will for sure bring at least a bottle of wine (again,
> travelling by motorbike is the major constraint): I usually bring some
> strong alcohol like Williamine, but given that a fondue is planned, I
> will probably bring some fendant.

Sounds fine.

> > Luca, Didier: Any idea where and when we could meet for me taking over
> > cheese for Banja Luka? :-)
>
> I will be in Genève until at least Thursday, July 14, then the DebConf11
> ride will start, so until that date it should be OK.

Similar planing here: I'll start latest on Thursday morning, too.

> > BTW: Is there some need that I also have to transport some of the
> > wine for the party? Because I'd like to avoid that.
>
> Any particular reason?

Well, basically I don't want to get hassles with the customs with
stuff I don't like anyway. And the limits for alcohol per person are
usually quite low.

> > P.S.: Do we have some Swiss flag or even a Debian.ch flag? If not I'd
> > suggest we all wear Debian.ch t-shirts for the cheese and wine party.
> > :-)
>
> No Swiss and no debian.ch either flags.  Good idea for the T-Shirts, but
> please bear in mind that there are "unofficial" debian.ch members around
> the world ;-)

Well, my main goal is that even people who don't know in which
countries Raclette and Fondue is common, immediately see which country
our fluid cheese represents. And maybe a little showing off that
Switzerland has it's own Debian entity. :-)

		Regards, Axel
--
 ,''`.  |  Axel Beckert <abe@debian.org>, http://people.debian.org/~abe/
: :' :  |  Debian Developer, ftp.ch.debian.org Admin