Website problems on small screens?

Hi there!

While discussing the new *.debian.org layout in bug #612575:

  <http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=612575#25>

On Wed, 09 Feb 2011 11:28:35 +0100, Gerfried Fuchs wrote:
> * Luca Capello <luca@pca.it> [2011-02-09 11:15:13 CET]:
>> My main concern is that the white space is IMHO disturbing and probably
>> it should filled with some degrading effect, e.g. <http://debian.ch/>?
>
>  Erm, you are hopefully aware that debian.ch does work even worse for
> smaller widths because of its dependency on a fixed width, meaning that
> people would have to scroll horizontal?

Mmm, I have never checked that on anything smaller than 800 pixels (on
the Nokia N900 sounds OK with no horizontal bar), but what I wanted to
suggest was to add a degrading effect similar to the top bar.

I just checked on a 640-pixel resolution and everything seems fine, can
anyone confirm that, especially on smaller screen, please?

Thx, bye,
Gismo / Luca