Re: Debian Bug Squashing Party in Bern, Switzerland: 27/28th november 2010

On Tue, Nov 23, 2010 at 10:09:48AM +0100, Luca Capello wrote:
> Full quoting for DPL's information ;-)

Thanks.

> > The network sponsoring is solved. So the only sponsoring left is for
> > food and the venue. I don't consider debian.ch money as sponsoring as
> > this already belongs to Debian. Madduck already agreed to spend a
> > maximum of 500.- CHF for the BSP if the costs are not covered by other
> > sponsors.
> >
> > Do we need an ACK from the DPL for this?
>
> I do not remember if I have already talked to Zack about that, so cc:ing
> him for his opinion.

That's indeed the first time I heard of this, but it's no big deal.

In general, I consider that entities like Debian.ch are free to spend
money as they want, as long as they are considerate, since the money are
Debian's. In essence, I consider Debian.ch (like Debian.uk and many
others) trusted entities that manage Debian money for local
Debian-related business.  So, if you think it's worth using Debian.ch
money to sponsor (part of) the BSP, by all means go for it.

If, on the other hand, you want me to decide---I confess that's not
fully clear to me from your mail---I'll definitely need more
information, as the total cost is not clear to me.

If, final option, you just wanted me to share some "rules of thumb" on
this, I generally don't consider food (in the sense of proper meals) as
something that we should sponsor for BSPs or similar events. OTOH
eat/drink stuff on site (e.g. coffee break material) might be nice as it
has chances to make the attendance more enjoyable and creates room for
interaction among people. Of course I'm saying this without knowing the
price of anything like that in not-exactly-cheap Switzerland.

Let me know if I can help in any other way,
Cheers.