Re: debian.ch AGM 2010 on 2010-05-20

Hi

>   - dba: Changing the legal seat from Zurich to Bern.
>
>     The actuary proposes to move the legal seat from Zurich to Bern,
>     both for legal and political reasons.

I don't care that much, about the location of the seat. But I don't
understand what you mean by legal and political reasons (ie. what are
those "legal" and "political" reasons in substance)?

>   - mfk: revise membership:
>     + membership should only be automatic for DDs with permanent
>       residence in Switzerland

There is no automatic membership in the current bylaws. Membership is
always on request. But all request by DDs are accepted automatically.

What does permanent residence exactly mean here? If it closes down
automatic membership to only those with a Swiss
"Niederlassungsbewilligung (Ausweis C)" then I think this is wrong. IMO
everyone living in Switzerland for more than 1 year should be able to
request automatic membership.

And IMO we should extend this to DMs.

Another option would be to introduce a third category of people who are
not granted automatic membership but who don't have to show up at the
AGM. This category would be for people living in Switzerland but without
permanent residence and for DMs. This would give us the possibility to
reject applications but wouldn't be as restrictive as for the last category.

>     + other DDs, and non-DDs with advocations, need to show up at the
>       AGM when their membership is to be decided and introduce
>       themselves, travel will (better: can) be funded.

Gaudenz

--
Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter.
Try again. Fail again. Fail better.