Re: [Swiss Knife] "final" proposal

Le Vendredi 5 Mars 2010 23:24:24 Gaudenz Steinlin, vous avez écrit :
> Hi
>
> On Fri, Mar 05, 2010 at 05:01:31PM +0100, Didier 'OdyX' Raboud wrote:
> > Hi all again,
> >
> > after my previous proposal and discussion over IRC, here is my "final"
> > proposal, based on the "Nomad" model (black, slightly bigger (111 mm)
> > but with simple tools) [0]:
> >
> > http://alioth.debian.org/~odyx-guest/debian-CH/knife/debian-knife_OdyX-bl
> > ack.pdf
>
> Why did you abandon the idea with the cyber tool. I would have prefered
> it over this quit normal swiss army knife. I already have to many of
> those including the exact same model. So I probably won't buy one of
> these.
>
> I prefer version C of the first designs.
>
> Gaudenz

Hi Gaudenz,

I just based this choice on the discussion we had over IRC. The thing is that we
really have two directions that we can follow:

i)  affordable and simple
ii) more expensive and with more tools

Within i), I think that the Nomad model with the design linked above is our best
compromise, which would cost something like 40 CHF (34.- + marking).

Then, within ii), the CyberTool would also be my choice. It would cost something
like 75.- (69.- + marking).

I fail to see if a compromise betweemn i) and ii) is doable. So we should either
choose our "selling strategy" or sell both models (which is most certainly not
doable).

Finally, about the proposed designs, I began with various slogans, etc, but some
told me that finding a good slogan suitable for all is hard, so applying the
same design as above to the CyberTool seems the best option to me.

In any case, I will ask Victorinox about multiple options to get real prices to
know exactly what would be the cost for series of 100, 200, …

What do you think ?

OdyX

--
Didier Raboud, proud Debian Maintainer (DM).
CH-1020 Renens