Re: Resignation and leave

Hi Daniel!

On Sat, 27 Nov 2010 09:37:18 +0100, Daniel Baumann wrote:
> given what has happened and what has not happened in debian during the
> last couple of months, i don't want to be involved in debian anymore
> except for the bare minimum.

I hope you will change your mind, your work in various crucial areas
(e.g. d-i and live-cd) was proven to be very good.

> therefore, i do effective immediately resign as actuary for debian.ch,
> and leave the association.
>
> the relevant bylaws do not contain regulation of leaving, therefore
> according to Art. 70 Abs. 2 ZGB the leaving will become effective by the
> end of 2011. if the association agrees, i'm fine with making the leaving
> effective immediately too.

I think this is the first case of leaving, so I, with my president hat
on, am lost.  Could not the board simply formally accept your resignation?

Given the situation as it is now, we need a new actuary ASAP: my
proposition would be for Adrian (who already did this job) to take
Daniel's position at least until the next AGM (January?) and then see
how the election works.  Comments?

Thx, bye,
Gismo / Luca