Re: debian.ch AGM 2010 on 2010-05-20

also sprach Gaudenz Steinlin <gaudenz@debian.org> [2010.04.26.1717 +0200]:
> >     + membership should only be automatic for DDs with permanent
> >       residence in Switzerland
>
> There is no automatic membership in the current bylaws. Membership is
> always on request. But all request by DDs are accepted automatically.
>
> What does permanent residence exactly mean here? If it closes down
> automatic membership to only those with a Swiss
> "Niederlassungsbewilligung (Ausweis C)" then I think this is wrong. IMO
> everyone living in Switzerland for more than 1 year should be able to
> request automatic membership.

With "permanent residence", I really meant "residence", meaning any
type of Aufenthaltserlaubnis (B/C/Swiss).

> And IMO we should extend this to DMs.

+1

> Another option would be to introduce a third category of people who are
> not granted automatic membership but who don't have to show up at the
> AGM.

I think everyone should have to show up at the AGM deciding over
their membership. ;)

--
 .''`.   martin f. krafft <madduck@d.o>      Related projects:
: :'  :  proud Debian developer               http://debiansystem.info

"a compliment is like a kiss through a veil."
                                                        -- victor hugo