Re: Call for Participation OpenExpo 2009 Winterthur / 23./24. September 2009

Hi,

Adrian von Bidder schrieb am Sat, Jun 06, 2009 at 12:42:49PM +0200:
> As in other years, OpenExpo is on workdays (Wed/Thu; it is paired
> with the business software stuff at "TopSoft")

Yeah, as every year...

> so I can't promise to be there, so I would be very happy if somebody
> could take the lead.

And as every year I refuse to support an event which doesn't (or only
pretends to) care about open source projects with volunteers as
exhibitors.

But I've given up to discuss this with the organizers issue. Did that
for years. They are deaf on that ear. They care about the business
customers and the business fair they tied themself to.

I will think about organising our booth if they move towards at least
a Fri/Sat scheme and I would like to organise our booth if they move
to a whole weekend (and I'm available on that weekend).

> You've probably heard about it, but Free / Open Source Software has
> hit the mainstream media in Switzerland in quite a big way (because
> of 42 million CHF license agreement with MS that was smuggled past
> the 'usual' democratic checks), so I hope for a bigger crowd than at
> earlier OpenExpos

I do not expect much more non-business visitors since non-business
visitors also heavily depend on weekends. Nobody will take an extra
holiday just because there's an exhibition on workdays about those
guys who cried out loud about the CHF 42 million deal with MS.

		Regards, Axel
\ /  Say No to HTML in E-Mail and News            | abe@deuxchevaux.org  (Mail)
 X                                                | abe@noone.org (Mail+Jabber)
/ \  I love long mails: http://email.is-not-s.ms/ | http://noone.org/abe/ (Web)