Re: Debian-ch.org

On Thursday 05 June 2008 11.35:30 martin f krafft wrote:
> also sprach Didier Raboud <didier@raboud.com> [2008.06.05.1101 +0200]:
> > * Is the fact that debian-ch.org is free known to Debian.ch ?
> > * Are there any intentions of "protecting" the domain name by
> > acquiring it (if it has any sense) ?
>
> No and no.

dito

> I don't see enough value in spending money on this, but if you
> wanted to get the domain in the name of debian.ch, please do.

With my debian.ch chair hat on, and seeing that Martin already has
spoken ...

Please register on behalf of debian.ch if money is not involved and send
email registration details to me or Martin privately.  Set up
zbasel.fortytwo.ch and b.ns.madduck.net as DNS servers, we'll add this to
the configuration.

BEFORE YOU DO THAT: is it really free?  Or free as in "free if you buy DNS
hosting or do other stuff with us" or "free for a 6 months trial period"?
Who is offering this deal?

cheers
-- vbi

--
Why on earth should we teach children
that they are not allowed to share the toys.