Re: please try an etch+1/2 iso this weekend

Hi there!

On Sat, 17 May 2008 18:02:44 +0200, martin f krafft wrote:
> If we want to get an etch+1/2 iso to the people at the LinuxDays in
> Geneva, we need to first verify that it works.
[...]
> Does anyone have a spare machine and the time to try an install
> using this ISO:
>
> http://gemmei.acc.umu.se/cdimage/unofficial/fjp/debian-40-etchnhalf-i386-CD-1.iso

I tried installing it on an external USB disk on my ThinkPad X60 [1] and
installed fine through the graphical install in "normal" mode (i.e. not
expert).  Apart from the Intel IPW3945 [2][3], all the rest was (at
least, seeed to be) perfectly configured.

I don't have time for more and extended tests, but at least seems to be
installable.

Thx, bye,
Gismo / Luca

Footnotes:
[1] but without any internal hard disk
[2] the firmware for the new iwl3945 driver is in firmware-iwl,
    unfortunately not in stable
[3] I haven't tried the old ipw3945 driver, but since etch-and-half
    ships with 2.6.24, no ipw3945-modules- package is available for it