Re: globus-net-manager FTBFS during python 3.10 transition

> Hi!
>
> On 4/21/22 09:25, Mattias Ellert wrote:
>> Doxygen uses popen to run filters. Is there an issue with using popen
>> to run perl scripts on the buildds for m68k and sh4?
>>
>> The reason I ask is that I found this report in BTS:
>> https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=974004
>> which seems to be a similar issue.
>> Popen will fork and exec the perl script as:
>>
>> /bin/sh -c "./perlscript.pl arg"
>>
>> where ./perlscript.pl is a text file with a #!/usr/bin/perl shebang.
>
> It's most likely related to emulation issues with qmeu-user. Either because of
> the related glibc bug [1] or because of the bug you mentioned #974004 [2].

Speaking of which, has anyone figured out why cutting and pasting a command line
into qemu-system-sh4 text mode with serial console only gets the first 16
characters and then discards the rest of the input?

Oddly enough, qemu-system-ppc64 gets the first 16 characters, but then every
character you type after that delivers another 16 characters of input until it's
caught up (including what you've been typing). But sh4 just discards the extra.

No idea if this is kernel side or qemu side, in either case. I reported the
ppc64le issue at
https://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2022-04/msg04240.html (with the
linux-ppc list cc'd but since I'm not subscribed there it probably went to spam)
but sh4 is doing something similar...

Rob