Re: Fwd: Debian on Linux-SH4

On 1/11/22 8:55 AM, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:
>> In the end I had to compile it myself with one of those
>> https://toolchains.bootlin.com/releases_sh-sh4.html and use it with
>> istaller's initrd.
>
> OK, that is very interesting. We need to figure out what the problem with
> Debian's compiler is what causes the kernel to be non-bootable.
>
> I have already had a discussion with QEMU upstream and we hadn't come up
> with a solution yet, so your successful boot with QEMU is a very useful
> result.

Using the https://landley.net/toybox/faq.html#cross2 toolchains
and the https://landley.net/toybox/faq.html#mkroot build (which even has sh4 as
its example command line), I got a kernel to boot under qemu-system-sh4 and
another one on my j-core board fairly recently. (Most recent release kernel I
think?)

That's not the full debian kernel config either, though...

Rob