Re: autopkgtest-virt-qemu for sh4 guests

Hi!

On 12/4/20 02:27, Ryutaroh Matsumoto wrote:
> By the way, I am proposing to adapt autopkgtest-virt-qemu to guest
> architectures other than amd64 and i386, specifically to arm* and ppc64* at
> https://salsa.debian.org/ci-team/autopkgtest/-/merge_requests/100
> which is a revised version of my previous MR.
>
> The only problem in the latest autopkgtest-virt-qemu on gitlab
> is that it assumes that a qemu VM has two serial ports, and tries to
> attach two sockets on host to two serial ports of the guest.
> On the other hand, arm* and ppc64* has only one serial port,
> and the current autopkgtest-virt-qemu cannot attach two host sockets.
>
> So I checked if the name of qemu-system-* is i386 or x86_64,
> and attach one QEMU virtconsole to a guest unless i386 or x86_64 as
> https://salsa.debian.org/ci-team/autopkgtest/-/merge_requests/100/diffs
>
> The QEMU sh4 virtual machine seems to have two serials in its guest VM.
> So the current autopkgtest-virt-qemu on gitlab can theoretically work
> on sh4 guests, and my proposal might break the functionality for sh4.
> But I am unsure, because I do not have an sh4 QEMU disk image that can
> boot without giving -kernel to qemu-system-sh4.

I don't know what the current status is, but just as a heads-up: The sh4
port is in a better state now than it was last year and even the Debian
kernel package builds again on the buildds.

I haven't tested on qemu-system yet, but I expect it to work now since
the kernel image should be small enough.

Let me know what we need to do to get sh4 added to autopkgtest-virt-qemu.

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz