Re: libstdc++ not handling exception for sh4 architecture

On 16 Aug 2015, at 20:49, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz <glaubitz@physik.fu-berlin.de> wrote:

> Hello!
>
> On 07/25/2015 09:02 AM, Rahul Dhobi wrote:
>> I'm using *gcc4.9 sh4 toolchain* from
>> http://download.si-linux.co.jp/debian-sh/jessie-sh4/toolchain-amd64/gcc-4.9/
>
> This is not part of Debian, so we can't really support it! In any case,
> please make sure you use a current snapshot of either gcc-4.9 or gcc-5
> as many bugs in the SH backend were fixed recently.
>
>> , During testing I have found that libstdc++ is not handling exception
>> and program receives  *SIGABRT* signal.
> Works as expected here:

It's also working on a plain sh-elf/newlib configuration with unmodified vanilla versions of all the parts of the toolchain.  There are many ways how to disable or break exception handling.  I would start looking at the GCC configure options that were used to build the toolchain.  Then maybe also check the linker script.

Cheers,
Oleg