Re: Need 32 bit supported GCC 4.9 debian binaries for Renesas SH7757 Processor

Ritesh,

On 29 Jun 2015, at 18:44, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz <glaubitz@physik.fu-berlin.de> wrote:

> On 06/29/2015 11:25 AM, Ritesh Prajapati wrote:
>>    Does anyone knows location from where i can get 32 bit supported
>> Debian binaries to compile and install GCC 4.9 toolchain for Renesas
>> SH7757 Processor?
>
> You will probably need to do that yourself, see:
>
>> https://wiki.debian.org/BuildingCrossCompilers

In addition to those instructions, I wrote up some instructions how to build a sh-elf/newlib based cross compiler for SH:  http://www.shared-ptr.com/simtest-howto.html

Maybe those are helpful for you.  You haven't mentioned what kind of cross compiler you need.  If you need a cross compiler running on Debian, which targets an SH system running on linux the process is a bit more complicated, as it also depends on the linux version running on the SH board.  More detailed step-by-step instructions can be found on the Linux from Scratch pages http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/

I couldn't find any public information about the SH7757 variant.  I assume it's an SH4A based chip.  If so, there's probably nothing SH7757 specific from the compiler point of view.

Cheers,
Oleg