Root password of PX-EH

Hi,

I have purchased a Plextor PX-EH device, the 16L to be exact. I have
telnetd running on it and can log in as a user created through the web
interface, but I cannot get root privledges.

The 'admin' user has their shell set to /bin/false. Sudo is installed,
but my user is not in sudoers, and the file is not readable to my user
to find out who is.

Shadow passwords are used, and /etc/shadow is world readable, but so far
john has been unable to get the root password, it appears as though it
is quite secure.

Does anyone know what the root password is for these devices, or do I
need to try and crack it or subvert it?

Thanks,

James

--
  James Westby   --    GPG Key ID: B577FE13    --     http://jameswestby.net/
  seccure key - (3+)k7|M*edCX/.A:n*N!>|&7U.L#9E)Tu)T0>AM - secp256r1/nistp256