Re: Root password of PX-EH

Hi , James.

On Mon, 16 Jul 2007 22:40:14 +0100
James Westby <jw+debian@jameswestby.net> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have purchased a Plextor PX-EH device, the 16L to be exact. I have
> telnetd running on it and can log in as a user created through the web
> interface, but I cannot get root privledges.
>
> The 'admin' user has their shell set to /bin/false. Sudo is installed,
> but my user is not in sudoers, and the file is not readable to my user
> to find out who is.
>
> Shadow passwords are used, and /etc/shadow is world readable, but so far
> john has been unable to get the root password, it appears as though it
> is quite secure.
>
> Does anyone know what the root password is for these devices, or do I
> need to try and crack it or subvert it?
I don't have PX-EH and don't know this device's admin pasword.

The composition of this device is equal to LANDISK [0] sold in Japan.
I recommend rewriting in the user land for LANDISK developed in Japan and using it.

I have the user land, and can help you.

regards,
 Nobuhiro

[0] : http://www.iodata.jp/prod/storage/hdd/2005/hdl-u/index.htm