Re: Status and near future of the sh3 port

On Tue, May 09, 2006 at 03:58:26PM +0200, Jonas Meyer wrote:
> debian sources. that way we can get our fixes into the official packages
> and can assume that more recent toolchains are easy to build. read the
> README.cross from binutils and gcc-4.0 packages.
> I contacted Ed but unfortunately it is his coworker maintaining the sbox
> buildd at nokia and he is at debconf. ill ask him for the mail but
> probably we will have to wait until he is back or reinvent the wheel.

You mean they're actually using scratchbox and buildd together at nokia?
Nice.

> As soon as we have the full toolchain in sync with sid and a buildd that
> produces serious amount of packages we should probably push things
> towards the official repositories. I'm sick of using reprepro. If
> someone has proper dak working and wants to help out there please tell
> me.

You could ask the guys behind experimental.ftbfs.de; this includes
Andreas Barth <aba@debian.org>.

> We should communicate more with Nobuhiro and find out more about how he
> does stuff and if we can share our efforts. Nobuhiro: please try how
> good/bad the sh3 port runs on your hardware. at the moment it works with
> 2.6 kernels only due to some idiocy on my behalf.

This shouldn't be a problem for Debian; the other way around, *that*
would be a problem :-)

--
Fun will now commence