anyone still here?

This port has been dead for a while.  I'm curious if any of the issues
regarding SH3/SH4 binary compatibility (FPU emulation, delay slot) have
had solutions proposed or issued since activity last was going on.

It seems that we can build binaries that work on both SH3 and SH4
by reducing the performance on SH4 slightly and requiring SH3 to emulate
a FPU by the kernel.  Right?  What else is holding things back?  The
existing problems of SH3<->SH4 do not seem to be insurmountable, and it
seems we can ignore big endian because nobody who has such a machine has
ever spoken up.

--
Ryan Underwood, <nemesis@icequake.net>