Making sure sshd starts even if boot sequence fails (local-fs.target fails).

Hi,

I have a headless nas with a separate system disk installed with debian unstable and a 5 data disks set with raid10 and a spare disk. Recently one of my disk broke and the raid10 array did not automatically reassemble but also the sshd daemon was not started although the boot was ok but the /dev/md0 mount declared in fstab.

I had to plug a keyboard and a display to enter root passwd and start sshd. I was surprised sshd was not starting and searched for a way to force sshd start once network is up.

There is a /lib/systemd/system/rescue-ssh.target but I do not know when/how it can be activated or how I should modify it.

I could off course use some systemd specific mount options like x-systemd.device-timeout, noauto or nofail but I would like to know if there are other options to start sshd even if local-fs.target fails.

Searched in already in documentation but missed it.

Thanks for any hint.

-- eric