Re: Review for "PermitRootLogin without-password" change

I am in favour of the change fo new installs, and of asking to do it on
upgrades.

But please be sure to announce the change widely.

It is *very* common in the vps world for new virtuals to come with the
expectation that the users must login the first time as root with a
password.

The companies doing that will need to know that they either have to
start asking for an ssh public key when a customer purchases a new vps
or change their template to bypass debian's new default.

(I presume most of us will prefer the former, but I'm not holding my breath.)

-JimC
--
James Cloos <cloos@jhcloos.com>         OpenPGP: 1024D/ED7DAEA6