Re: [Pkg-systemd-maintainers] systemd support in openssh-server

Hi, me again...

Am 11.02.2014 00:32, schrieb Michael Biebl:
> I noticed that you added systemd .service files in openssh 1:6.5p1-1.
> Thanks a lot for that!
> There are a few issues though that I noticed which I'd like to discuss.

It was pointed out on IRC today, that the SysV/LSB init script has
# Provides: sshd
in its LSB header and there exist other SysV/LSB init scripts which use
that name:

drbd8-utils/init.d/drbd:# Should-Start:   sshd multipathd
smokeping/init.d/smokeping:# Should-Start:      sshd apache
sshguard/init.d/sshguard:# Should-Start:      sshd
vzctl/init.d/vz:# Should-Start:  sshd vzeventd

Sine the native .service is named ssh.service, we should add an alias so
the 4 services above get the correct ordering.

For that I'd suggest to use

[Install]
Alias=sshd.service

in your ssh.service file. When you run "systemctl enable" this will
create a symlink /etc/systemd/system/sshd.service pointing to the
original name.

IIRC the dh-systemd machinery should be sophisticated enough to update
the symlinks automatically on upgrades if the [Install] section of the
.service file has changed.

Michael

(Thanks Alam_Squeeze for notifying us about this issue)

universe are pointed away from Earth?