Re: /etc/rc[06].d/K*ssh in lenny (5.1p1-5)

2009/6/10 Aaron M. Ucko <ucko@debian.org>:

<SNIP>

> The relevant changelog entry, from 1:4.6p1-1 is

Thanks.  Not sure how I missed that. Must have been searching for
something silly.

<SNIP>

> As I understand it, the idea is to leave the termination up to
> S20sendsigs, as there's no need to single it out and letting it run
> slightly longer can occasionally even be helpful.
>
> Does this behavior change cause you any problems?

No thanks.  I was just unsure as to why this change had been made.  I
assume that it's also an attempt to speed up the shut-down process?

Thanks very much for your reply,

Rupert