Re: [refpolicy] initrc_t access to sshd /proc to adjust OOM killer

On Mon, May 05, 2008 at 12:50:22PM -0400, Daniel J Walsh wrote:
> Václav Ovsík wrote:
> > Great, I got:
> >
> > [   19.816342] type=1400 audit(1209977556.108:5): avc:  denied  { write } for  pid=1466 comm="S16ssh" name="oom_adj" dev=proc ino=5408 scontext=system_u:system_r:initrc_t:s0 tcontext=system_u:system_r:sshd_t:s0-s0:c0.c1023 tclass=file
> >
> >         Was caused by:
> >                 Policy constraint violation.
> >
> >                 May require adding a type attribute to the domain or type to satisfy the constraint.
> >
> >                 Constraints are defined in the policy sources in policy/constraints (general), policy/mcs (MCS), and policy/mls (MLS).
> >

> > I expected problems to enable such thing (to write to file with context
> > of domain). Constraints in policy/constraints etc are rather complex.
> > Now I am going in the way of the least friction :) - to fill bugreport
> > against openssh-server with a patch, that will do OOM adjustment in the
> > C-code by sshd itself (like udev does).
> >
> > IMO to write into /proc/N/oom_adj can be need by administrator
> > sometimes, so there should be some role capable to write there.
> >
> > Thanks
>
> The problem is that initrc_t is running at s0 and you are trying to
> communicate with s0-s0:c0.c1024.  I think at reboot this would work.
> Strange that you are logging in at s0?

Yes, you are right! I did ssh to machine and then run
newrole -r sysadm_r from account with default MLS - s0.

sid:~# semanage login -l

Login Name                SELinux User              MLS/MCS Range

__default__               user_u                    s0
root                      root                      s0-s0:c0.c1023
system_u                  system_u                  s0-s0:c0.c1023
zito                      staff_u                   s0

When I login directly on console as root, I have context
root:sysadm_r:sysadm_t:s0-s0:c0.c1023 and after adding the TE rule:

    allow sysadm_t sshd_t:file write_file_perms;

The operation

    echo 0 >/proc/$(</var/run/sshd.pid )/oom_adj

was quiet! The operation in boot sshd startup script in domain initrc_t
has also level s0 only. I must learn more about MLS and play with it
a bit.
Thanks for reply.
--
Zito