Re: openssh in debian, version 4.7, chroot patch

Sebastian Pipping <webmaster@hartwork.org> writes:
> Colin Watson wrote:

>> I'm not keen. We only recently got rid of openssh-krb5, I have headaches
>> enough keeping the Kerberos patch up to date although the upstream for
>> that is excellent, and I don't want to increase my workload further by
>> including more third-party patches. The more of these I include, the
>> longer it takes to get new upstream releases packaged.
>
> could you (or matthew) sponsor me if i did the work?

Speaking as one of the former maintainers of openssh-krb5 (for a brief
period near the end of its life), I don't think this is a great idea.
Maintaining a separate forked copy of the ssh code base in another package
is painful from a security standpoint, and managing the shared
configuration and conflicts and whatnot can be rather horrific.