Re: openssh upload to stable

Colin Watson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've just uploaded a new version of openssh to stable. This version
> corrects an obvious error in ssh-keysign.c which had rendered it
> completely broken: the 'data' variable was freed before one of the times
> it was used. Thus it wasn't possible to ssh from a stable system to a
> system requiring protocol 2 hostbased authentication.

I don't believe that this bug renders ssh completely broken.  It is
just not usable for this particular means.  In general it is still
working.  I don't believe that this bug requires an update to stable,
but should probably be documented in the errata section on the web.

Regards,

	Joey

--
The good thing about standards is that there are so many to choose from.
		-- Andrew S. Tanenbaum