Re: poor performance from ssh 1:3.6.1p2-4 backported to woody

On Fri, 8 Aug 2003, Colin Watson wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 07, 2003 at 08:27:14PM +0200, Cristian Ionescu-Idbohrn wrote:
> > On Thu, 7 Aug 2003, Colin Watson wrote:
> > > See bug #192207.
> >
> > Overwhelming...
> >
> > Can we expect that patch implemented soon?
>
> I should think so, yes.
>
> > Is the pam trick
> >
> >   auth       required     pam_unix.so nodelay
> >
> > good enaugh for now?
>
> Um, I believe so, but I haven't particularly tested it because leaving
> the annoyance in for myself made it more likely to get fixed. :)

All right. I can confirm the pam trick helped. A collegue of mine
experimented with fetching a whole cvs-tree and the elapsed time was:

  870s without the pam trick
  360s with the pam trick

Substantial speedup.
Hope the proper patch will be released soon.

Cheers,
Cristian