enable RhostAuthentication ... root user login without keyboard inteaction

Hy!

Is use in my environment: OpenSSH_3.4p1 Debian 1:3.4p1-1, SSH protocols 1.5/2.0, OpenSSL 0x0090603f

My problem is the I need in my cluster environment root user login without keyboard inteaction for cleanup work. I use for normal user HostbasedAuthentication and it works fine.

To enable RhostAuthentication I turned on SSH1 and generated the RSA host keys (server supporting correctly SSH1). Then I enabled in /etc/ssh/ssh_config and /etc/ssh/sshd_config RhostsAuthentication, checked the /etc/hosts.equiv files on the machiens and restarted all SSH servers.

But it does not work and I get in the debug log that "Rhosts Authentication disabled".

vidgrid:# ssh -vvv vidgrid02 'uname -a'
OpenSSH_3.4p1 Debian 1:3.4p1-1, SSH protocols 1.5/2.0, OpenSSL 0x0090603f
debug1: Rhosts Authentication disabled, originating port will not be trusted.
debug1: ssh_connect: needpriv 0
debug1: Connecting to vidgrid02 [192.168.1.12] port 22.
debug1: Connection established.

How can I enable RhostAuthentication on my Debain box?

Can I turn on HostbasedAuthentication for the root user?

Please help, regards
Thomas