Re: Release notes

Hi.  I have some corrections to "Special Considerations for SSH
Users" in the chapter on upgrading:

* I'm fairly certain potato already used the names "ssh-nonfree" and
  "ssh" instead of "ssh" and "openssh," so people with "ssh" installed
  shouldn't have major concerns.

* PermitRootLogin is back to "yes" by default.

* OTOH, people with ssh-nonfree installed will find that it has become
  a dummy package depending on OpenSSH, as Debian no longer has much
  use for non-free ssh.  They should say "yes" (the default) to the
  debconf question about generating new configuration files unless
  they have a very good reason to keep their old configuration.

* ssh-socks is slated to get built from OpenSSH, but that might not
  manage to happen in time for the release.  If it does not, ssh-socks
  users who do not need rhosts-style authentication should switch to
  "ssh" in conjunction with socksify from dante-client or runsocks
  from socks4-clients.  (They will need to make sure to answer no to
  the question about making /usr/bin/ssh setuid root; conveniently,
  its description already mentions SOCKS, so that part shouldn't be
  too hard to figure out.)

Note that the dummy ssh-nonfree package is currently in ftpmaster
wait, but ought to emerge before woody releases.

Finger amu@monk.mit.edu (NOT a valid e-mail address) for more info.