From: Jenner Almanzar [mailto:alfa666@hotmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 23, 2002 9:19 PM
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org; debian-consultants@lists.debian.org; debian-devel@lists.debian.org; debian-mentors@lists.debian.org; debian-ssh@lists.debian.org; debian-www@lists.debian.org; debian-x@lists.debian.org
Subject: Broadcasting Solution...

Hello everyone!

I'm trying to find a cost-effective solution for a broadcast service i'm providing, so i need your help to figure this out.

This is what i got in mind: Since we know that we can put more than one sound card device in one computer, and each RS (radio station) that we broadcast through a server has a domain name (example: http://dr.radio.com:xxxx), i though to set up a server with at least 4-5 sound cards and broadcast 4-5 RS using one ip address and each RS with a different domain name.

For example:

- http://dr.radio.com:8001

- http://dr.radio.com:8002

- http://dr.radio.com:8003

- http://dr.radio.com:8004

- http://dr.radio.com:8005

Here are my questions:

- Is it possible to broadcast more than one radio stations from one server using one ip address?

- Will it be a problem for you to receive each one of these RS signal there?

In case it's not possible, what can i do to make it happend?

Best regards,
Jenner