Re: [Sam Hartman <hartmans@mekinok.com>] Handling ssh

Sam Hartman <hartmans@debian.org> writes:

> Hi.  I sent mail to ssh@packages.debian.org about tthis a while back.
> I heard no response.  It is my intent to ITP ssh-krb5 as a package at

Yeah, the ssh maintainer's a bit crap like that.

> priority extra that conflicts with the existing ssh.  I will probably
> store configuration files in /etc/ssh rather than /etc/ssh-krb5
> because I believe that some time after woody releases we will be able
> to get these changes folded into OpenSSH upstream and then hopefully
> into the main Debian ssh packages.

What currently is the problem with the kerberos support in the openssh
source?

I think ideally, one source package that produces multiple binary
packages is really what we want. Writing the rules file would be fun,
though :)

Matthew

--
"At least you know where you are with Microsoft."
"True. I just wish I'd brought a paddle."