ssh in Debian - version unclear

Hi!

I am using the standard ssh package with Potato. Its version is
1.2.3-9.4.

The scanssh tool shows the version string to be SSH-1.5-OpenSSH-1.2.3.

The newest version of OpenSSH is 3.0.2p1, according to the OpenSSH
website.

I am wondering to which official OpenSSH release the above version
translates, in order to find out against which exploits it may be
vulnerable (the main servers of some institutes of mna university were
hacket during the christmas holidays - and I don´t want to fall prey to
that, too...).

Can anyone help?
Thanks, Norman.

Norman "Cheffe" Schmidt    Universitaet Erlangen-Nuernberg            _
cand.chem.                 Sysadmin Wohnheimnetzwerk RatNET        _ //
mailto:schmidt@naa.net                                             \X/