Ruby Sprint - Paris 6-10 February 2023

Dear all,

The Ruby team is planning to hold an in-person meeting in Paris, from
Monday 6th of February to Friday 10th of February.

https://wiki.debian.org/Teams/Ruby/Meeting/Paris2023

The date and location have been choosen so that this meeting becomes a
satellite event of FOSDEM, held in Brussels, the weekend just before.

The Ruby team has the tradition to hold week-long meetings, due to the
geographical diversity of the team.

According to the wiki page, we will have 4 persons from India, 2 from
Brazil and 2 from Nigeria. We can also expect a couple of members from
Europe. My university (Sorbonne Université, center of Paris) is
providing the venue for the meeting. I am the local organizer.

We would need a budget of about 13k€ splitted as follows:
- for SPI:
  - about 8.5k€ for plane tickets from members outside of Europe
- for Debian France:
  - about 3.5k€ for accomodation
  - about 1k€ for tickets for European participants
We understand that this is an expensive project, which is explained by
both the diffuse repartition of members accross the world, and the
unusual length of a whole week, as it would not make sense to travel so
far to stay just for a day or two.
We are kindly asking for approval of this budget.

We recently contacted a couple of companies who might be interested in
participating in the funding, but haven't received any answered yet.
(Last time, in February 2020, we obtained a contribution of 2k€ that
way).

The program will include, but is not limited to:
- preparation for bookworm:
  - polishing the switch to ruby3.1
  - fixing RC bugs
- improve team workflow and tools
- update and fix bugs in packages
- reflexion about possible packaging goals

Thanks in advance,

Cédric