Re: Help with a libzstd sparc64 FTBFS on the buildd

On Thu, Apr 06, 2023 at 04:37:16PM +0300, Peter Pentchev wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The libzstd package in testing is currently missing a couple of
> build-time tests and a fix for a very rare data corruption bug.
> Both of these have been fixed in libstd-1.5.4+dfsg2-5 in unstable;

...of course this should have been libzstd-1.5.4+dfsg2-5

> however, I feel like I cannot ask for an unblock from the release
> managers since the sparc64 buildd started failing on this package
> at some point in February:
>
>   https://buildd.debian.org/status/logs.php?pkg=libzstd&arch=sparc64
>
> Now, the -1, -2, and -4 failures I can explain: there were some
> problems in the upstream test suite that were fixed in -3 and -5.
> However, -3 and -5 should really not have failed: they built
> successfully on all other architectures where the build dependencies
> were installable, and they also passed autopkgtest runs:
>
>   https://ci.debian.net/packages/libz/libzstd/
>
> I set up a qemu-based sbuild environment on my laptop, and
> I built the libzstd package successfully. Is it possible that
> something is wrong with the sparc64 buildd? Could somebody with
> an actual sparc64 box try to build libstd-1.5.4+dfsg2-5 and
> let me know if it works for them?

...and of course this should also have been libzstd-1.5.4+dfsg2-5

> Thanks in advance!

G'luck,
Peter

--
Peter Pentchev  roam@ringlet.net roam@debian.org pp@storpool.com
Key fingerprint 2EE7 A7A5 17FC 124C F115  C354 651E EFB0 2527 DF13