Debian SID on Ultra 30

Hello,

I updated an existing Debian SID installation today on a Sparcstation
Ultra 30. Everything went as expected except for two issues:

1) During "apt-get dist-upgrade", the kernel was updated to
vmlinux-6.1.0-7-sparc64, and the initramfs was created as expected.
However, booting the new kernel failed. After the kernel and ramdisk are
loaded, there is an error message: "Fast Data Access MMU Miss" and the
Boot PROM returns to the "ok" prompt. I tried it a few times to confirm
the error. So for now I'm back to using vmlinux-5.16.0-6-sparc64. I'm
currently using SILO to load the initrd and kernel.

2) While running "apt autoremove" after the upgrade, I noticed that
telnet, telnetd and git were going to be deleted. After rebooting, I was
able to re-install telnet and telnetd but the installation of git failed:

*****
# apt-get install git
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
Reading state information... Done
or been moved out of Incoming.

 git : Depends: git-man (< 1:2.39.1-.) but 1:2.40.0-1 is to be installed
*****

I could probably go back to an older version of git and git-man from
Debian snapshots, but for now it's ok, since I don't use git very often
on the Ultra 30, anyway.

It's actually pretty amazing that everything works as well as it does.
Thanks to everyone who works to keep Debian and Linux running on the old
Sparcstations!

-Stan Johnson