Re: unable to install (upgrade) git - git-man dependency

Hi,

John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:

It's the usual problem in Debian Ports [1] due to some Qt5 packages FTBFS on sparc64.

In particular, it's kconfig that blocks subversion which blocks git.

You can fetch git-man from snapshot.debian.org in the meantime.

 I did a dist-upgrade today and run into this problem again. I wonder why git gets uninstalled? if there is a dependency issue, I'd expect git-man to be retained or otherwisebe alerted.
Instead all procedes and I end without git.
Then:
 git : Depends: git-man (< 1:2.39.1-.) but 1:2.39.2-1 is to be installed

which is comparable to the situation I had last time, but will all versions upgraded, by one. Like git trailing behind git-man

The fix is easy, I just get
http://snapshot.debian.org/archive/debian/20230126T092209Z/pool/main/g/git/git-man_2.39.1-0.1_all.deb

dpkg -i it, that will downgraede git-man and allow git installation.

Riccardo