Re: Sun Ultra 5 cgroup fail after clean install

Hello,

On 7/23/23 3:27 AM, Joacim Nilsson wrote:

>>> Failed to get cgroup, ignoring: No medium found
>>> /dev/sda2: recovering journal
>>> /dev/sda2: clean, 32037/15204352 files, 1785366/60804430 blocks
>>> [   49.359252] /dev/sda: Can't open blockdev
>>> [FAILED] Failed to mount boot.mount - /boot.
>>> [DEPEND] Dependency failed for local-fs.target - Local File Systems.
>>> You are in emergency mode. After logging in, type "journalctl -xb" to view
>>> system logs, "systemctl reboot" to reboot, or "exit"Give root password for maintenance
>>> (or press Control-D to continue):

> I used the installer suggested
>
> To get more information i booted the 6.1.0-9 kernel
> That one works!
>
> 6.3.0-2 does not for me
>
> output from lsblk
> NAME   MAJ:MIN RM   SIZE RO TYPE MOUNTPOINTS
> fd0      2:0    1     4K  0 disk
> sda      8:0    0 232.9G  0 disk
> ├─sda1   8:1    0 488.3M  0 part /boot
> ├─sda2   8:2    0   232G  0 part /
> ├─sda3   8:3    0 232.9G  0 part
> └─sda4   8:4    0 469.4M  0 part [SWAP]
> sr0     11:0    1  1024M  0 rom

FWIW, I think the "Failed to get cgroup, ignoring: No medium found"
isn't related to the error (I'm also seeing that, for the first time,
with the latest Debian SID kernel on 686 systems but the systems boots
normally; I haven't checked other systems).

If this problem is also likely to happen on a Sun Ultra 30, let me know
and I'll try a default installation and (if necessary) a kernel bisect
sometime during the next week. It might be an issue with grub. The
kernel boots and fsck of the root partition works, but "/dev/sda: Can't
open blockdev" might indicate a missing module or incorrect kernel
CONFIG option. That's just a guess.

-Stan Johnson