Re: Updated installation images for Debian Ports 2023-06-06

Hi Dennis!

    Good day Sir !

Sadly the Fujitsu M3000 SPARC64 VII+ does bad things after we see GRUB :
(...)
Sadly this machine seems to be nothing but a fancy brick with 64G of
   expensive ECC memory etc etc.

I don't think the Fujitsu SPARC64 CPUs were ever officially supported by
the Linux kernel, were they? Probably not going to happen in the future
either.

Sadly the machine isa bit of a brick. Maybe NetBSD works? No idea.

However a much older and smaller UltraSPARC IIi Netra seems to be
working just perfect. I am doing the install now, live, streaming on
YouTube.

To say the least it is a slow and boring stream :)

But it works !

--
Dennis Clarke
RISC-V/SPARC/PPC/ARM/CISC