Re: Current kernels run stable on older SPARC systems

Hello!

I have updated the UltraSPARC IIIi to kernel 6.3 from experimental
and it has been running very stable for almost a week now despite
the server being run as a CI machine for the Free Pascal Compiler.

So, it seems the Linux kernel is finally usable on older SPARC systems
again. I'm curious to hear if anyone can confirm this on their own
machines.

I shall fire up a machine and give this a test. I think that I had
serious problems in the past with two different Netra class servers.

In fact, I need to check if the processors are UltraSPARC II or IIi or
anything close to a III or IIIi. I do have a Fujitsu SPARC64 server but
that thing seems to be unable to boot/run anything other than Solaris 10
or perhaps 11.3. I should give it a test with the latest updated install
images you have built.

--
Dennis Clarke
RISC-V/SPARC/PPC/ARM/CISC