sparc64 pbuilder/cowbuilder setup with qemu

Hi,

Since the sparc64 build hosts @The GCC Compile farm are currently a bit hard to reach and my Ultra 10 isn't in working order, I was thinking of setting up a local Qemu cowbuilder/pbuilder installation.

But I ran into a problem after following https://wiki.debian.org/Sparc64Qemu :

I: debootstrap finished
I: copying local configuration
I: Installing apt-lines
I: Refreshing the base.tgz
I: upgrading packages
I: mounting /proc filesystem
I: mounting /sys filesystem
I: creating /{dev,run}/shm
I: mounting /dev/pts filesystem
I: redirecting /dev/ptmx to /dev/pts/ptmx
I: installing dummy policy-rc.d
Reading package lists...
E: Method gave invalid 400 URI Failure message: Could not switch saved set-user-ID
E: Method http has died unexpectedly!
E: Sub-process http returned an error code (112)

This happens both with cowbuilder as well as cowbuilder-dist.

The command line I used:

sudo cowbuilder --create --basepath sid-sparc64.cow --distribution sid --debootstrapopts --arch=sparc64 --debootstrapopts --keyring=/usr/share/keyrings/debian-ports-archive-keyring.gpg --mirror http://ftp.ports.debian.org/debian-ports/

(similar to the cowbuilder-dist line in the wiki)

What am I missing, or how can I debug this problem?

Regards,
Gregor