Updated Debian Ports installation images 2022-03-28

Progress is very slow, if at all.

For reasons that elude me I have been unable to dump the install image
to a secondary scsi disk with dd. Every time I try I get told some bad
things :

# dd if=/cdrom/test/debian_20220328/debian-11.0.0-sparc64-NETINST-1.iso of=/dev/rdsk/c0t1d0s0 bs=2048 count=189529
dd: unexpected short write, wrote 1536 bytes, expected 2048
65725+0 records in
65725+0 records out
#

So that is strange. Perhaps the iso image file is a sparse file with a
hole in it. I doubt that but I will try another method and see what
happens. Really the only way I have been able to do this in the past was
to dd the netinst image to a scsi disk and then boot that disk. When I
get asked where the install media is within the installer I simply point
to a scsi cdrom which *is* the second scsi disk.

Now if I could netboot this thing .. that would be great. Network boot
and serve up the netinst installer image. How cool would that be?

--
Dennis Clarke
RISC-V/SPARC/PPC/ARM/CISC