Re: Mozilla Software on Sparc64/Linux

Hello Connor!

On 11/15/21 01:53, Connor McLaughlan wrote:
> did the working rust based firefox make it into a released package?

Yes, as I said in a previous mail, Firefox 60 was successfully built and
uploaded.

If you want to see which packages where built, check the build log archive
by opening:

> https://buildd.debian.org

then type "firefox" and click "Go".

Look for the row with "sparc64" and click on "old" in the eight column,
there you'll see that the last successfully built package version was
"62.0.3-1".

If you now go to snapshot.debian.org and type "firefox" in the source package
name field and click "Submit", you will get a list of versions, including
sparc64. Click it and scroll down to "firefox_62.0.3-1_sparc64.deb" and you
get your package.

To install the package directly, add the following line to your sources.list:

deb [trusted=yes] https://snapshot.debian.org/archive/debian-ports/20181004T035335Z/ unstable main

> The only packaged version of firefox i could get to run was firefox50.
> And i have tested all higher available version of firefox and firefox-esr
> on snapshot.debian.org

What problem did you run in to? You need to describe the actual problem so that
I can help you debug it.

Building newer versions should be possible as explained before, but I haven't had
the time for the NodeJS hack yet.

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz