Pandas package buildd logs for Sparc64

Dear all,

I am trying to setup a Debian machine for performing some data science software tests. I was able to perform all these tests on a SPARC T3-1 server with 16 cores and 128 threds on a locally customized Debian sid machine. Big thank you to the debian-sparc team.

I know that this port ( SPARC64 ) is not official but I like this platform and my tests do work.

For the moment, everything is running fine, debian/sid packages install properly except three packages : python-numexpr, python3-pandas and python3-sklearn. These python packages build properly when compiled out of the debian packaging system (using python3-pip) and the test system is usable.

With the help of numexpr package maintainer, Antonio Valentino, we fixed the issues that prevented the building of this package. A github issue is here :

Hopefully, this package will now build on the SPARC64 platform. Antonio is CC of this message. Thanks a lot, Antonio !!!

I need help from Debian package maintainers to get the other two missing debian packages to build on my favorite platform.

The package pandas is not building and displays building errors in the logs that are similar for many other platforms (alpha, hurd-i386, ia64 and powerpc). I suppose, there must be something wrong with the test system, independent of the platform. When using debuild locally, ignoring the tests solves the problem and the two packages are created, installed and run on the sparc64 machine (and all the computations are OK of course).

scikit-learn package builds properly once pandas is built.

I would appreciate some help from pandas maintainer to check the logs of pandas buildd, located here.

Thanks in advance.

Antoine